Note: This is in prep for upcoming changes to my longer Doctrinal Statement and may be revised.
– I had a professor in one of my two Hermeneutics classes and the Gospel of John who was in the Grace Theological Society, Dr. John Hart.
– I grew up under a Lordship Theology -trained pastor. Dr. Gerhard T. deBock, but experienced a nice contrast with the Church of God with my grandmother during my younger childhood years, which my childhood church didn’t really know much about.
– I also visited many other Christian fellowships across the North and Midwest, which I wrote about in my Crossroads series.
– My primary understanding of both comes from studying under their avid evangelists and in life and conversation, not merely through literature nor as a third-hand follower.
– Tenants of “Grace” Proper (not extra teachings spread by fans & followers of Grace Theology who tend to use it as a license to sin) is mainly theoretical: In theory, sin does not remove salvation, which is by faith, not by perfect obedience to works. · · · →